Prof. Dr. Philip Haellmigk, LL.M. is founding partner of HAELLMIGK Lawyers. He has a wealth of experience and exceptional expertise in the areas foreign trade, export control, compliance and commercial law. Prof. Dr. Haellmigk has been advising companies for more than 10 years on all regulatory and contractual aspects of foreign trade and export control law. Prof. Dr. Haellmigk advises on national, European as well as international export control regimes, in particular UK and US export controls and US embargoes. Further, he is a professor of public law at FOM University.
In particular, Prof. Dr. Haellmigk advises on internal export control audits, the set-up of internal compliance programmes, trade restrictions due to current Embargoes, classification and licensing procedures. Further, Prof. Dr. Haellmigk represents his clients in external investigations and proceedings. In addition, he provides contractual advice on export and supply agreements.
Prof. Dr. Haellmigk is ranked by national and international lawyers directories as a leading expert in the field of international trade and export control law.
The new edition of JUVE handbook 2018/19 ranks Prof. Dr. Haellmigk again as a highly-sought specialist for EU and US export control law („experienced expert“, „distinguished specialist“ (competitor)). In addition, Prof. Dr. Haellmigk has a strong reputation for his support on internal audits and on negotiating supply agreements („… is recommended for assisting clients in relation to export control audits and providing contractual advice on export and supply agreements.“, International Advisory Experts 2018/19).
Professional experience / Qualifications
- Professor of Public Law at FOM University (Munich, 2017/2018)
- Certified lecturer on export controls (German Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Stuttgart, 2016)
- Foundation of HAELLMIGK (Munich, 2014)
- Associate/Partner at international law firms (Munich, 2007-2014)
- Stays in the US and UK (New York/London, 2005/2006, 2009/2010, 2012/2013)
- Admitted as Solicitor of England and Wales (London, 2010)
- PhD (Osnabrueck, 2009)
- Admitted as German Rechtsanwalt (Munich, 2007)
- Researcher: Study Group on a European Civil Code (Brussels/Osnabrueck, 2005-2007)
- Master of Laws (Edinburgh, LL.M., 2003)
- Degree of French law (Montpellier, Licence en Droit, 1998)
- Law studies (Heidelberg, Bonn, Berlin, Montpellier, Lausanne, Edinburgh, New York, London, 1995-2005)
- Music studies (violin, Stuttgart, 1992-1994)
Conferences / Publications
Prof. Dr. Haellmigk regularly speaks at international conferences. Further, he is a frequent contributor to national and international legal journals, handbooks and newspapers.
Prof. Dr. Haellmigk is fluent in English, French and German. He also speaks Spanish and Italian and has basic knowledge in Mandarin.
- English-German law society
- French-German law society